Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (MOHG) Privacy Notice, because we at Mandarin Oriental*, proprietor of Amber restaurant, care about your privacy.
Q.1 What Information About You Do We Gather?
Q.2 What About Cookies?
Q.3 Does Mandarin Oriental Share the Information It Receives?
Q.4 Does Mandarin Oriental Transfer Information Overseas?
Q.5 How Secure Is Information About Me?
Q.6 What Can I Do If I Have any Questions or Concerns?
1. What Information About You Do We Gather?
Information you provide helps us to know and serve you better which is part of our mission to ai???completely delight and satisfy our guestsai???. The types of information we gather are:
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including, for example, when you stay at hotels operated by us as a guest or dine at our food & beverage outlets. The provision of any information by you is voluntary except where otherwise stated. However, where you choose not to provide certain information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as reserving a room, booking a table or any other products we may offer, responding to your requests, customizing our services to your preferences and communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means. We also use such information for statistical purposes though these statistics will not identify you personally.
* Personal Data You Provided on Behalf of Another Person: If you are entering data on behalf of another person, you warrant to us that you are authorised by that person to enter their personal data onto our system, and that that information is accurate and correct. If any non-compliance by you with respect to this provision results in any loss or damage being incurred by us, you may be required to compensate us in respect of such loss.
* Automatic Information: We receive and may evaluate certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses www.amberhongkong.com or www.mandarinoriental.com, including your IP address, browser type and operating system. This information helps us to understand our customers but does not identify you personally and will not be stored with any other information we have obtained from you.
* E-mail Communications: If you provide us with your email address, we may email you promotional and marketing materials. We provide you with the option not to receive such promotional and marketing materials in each email sent to you.
* Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalisation of our services (for example, providing recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to your existing information. We will not, however, share your existing information with any third parties except where this is necessary to provide you with services or offers on our behalf.
Mandarin Oriental does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors to our websites from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 16.
Mandarin Oriental may collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 16 as part of the guest registration process, but always with the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
2. What About Cookies?
Some websites store, and so does www.mandarinoriental.com, information in a small text file, called a “cookie,” on your hard disk.
Cookies contain information about you and your preferences. For example, if you inquire about rates and availability on our hotel reservations site, the site might create a cookie that contains the details you entered. Or it might only contain a record of which pages within the site you visited, to help the site customise the view for you the next time you visit.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie. For example, the site cannot determine your e-mail name unless you choose to type it. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other site access to the rest of your computer, and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
3. Does Mandarin Oriental Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our guests is important for us in order to provide you maximum comfort and a legendary experience whilst staying in one of the hotels operated by us. We may therefore share information amongst ourselves, with any hotels operated by us and with third party service providers engaged by us or engaged by or on behalf of any hotels operated by us who help manage your data and communicate news and promotions to you but we will not sell, rent or give away any information to third parties. Your data will be treated in strict confidence and will only be retained for so long as it is necessary or required by law. Such data will be destroyed once its requirement is extinct or you request it.
We may provide your information to third parties for the purpose of processing that information strictly on our behalf. In such circumstances, the third party processors may not use the information for any purpose except such processing and may not, for example, provide it to any other person or use it for marketing unless upon our direction.
4. Does Mandarin Oriental Transfer Information Overseas?
We may transfer your information outside of the country in which it was collected or provided by you either for the purpose of entering into or fulfilling a contract with you, for processing by us or on behalf of the hotels we operate, for marketing purposes or statistical purposes. Such transfer may be to a country which is not part of the European Union and which may not provide the same level of privacy protection as provided by countries within the European Union. However, we do our utmost to procure that those parties to whom we transfer information abide by the same strict privacy policies as ourselves.
5. How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts information you input and which is certified by the Secure Server Certification Authority.
* We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a reservation. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for verification.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you have finished using a shared computer.
6. What Can I Do If I Have any Questions or Concerns?
Our Data Privacy Officer will be happy to answer any concerns or queries you may have relating to the use or storage of your personal data. You have the right to access such data and to require a correction to any data which is incorrect. Our Data Privacy Officer can be contacted at email@example.com or you may ask for phone or address details at any hotel operated by Mandarin Oriental.
* “Mandarin Oriental”, “Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group”, “we”, “us” and “ourselves” refers to all companies within the Mandarin Oriental International Limited corporate group.
Mandarin Oriental International Limited; 281 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong